Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on SocialStudent.co.uk’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
nota transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on SocialStudent.co.uk’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by SocialStudent.co.uk at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on SocialStudent.co.uk’s web site are provided “as is”. SocialStudent.co.uk makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, SocialStudent.co.uk does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall SocialStudent.co.uk or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on SocialStudent.co.uk’s Internet site, even if SocialStudent.co.uk or a SocialStudent.co.uk authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on SocialStudent.co.uk’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. SocialStudent.co.uk does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. SocialStudent.co.uk may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. SocialStudent.co.uk does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
SocialStudent.co.uk has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SocialStudent.co.uk of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to SocialStudent.co.uk’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9. Site content
All content posted by 3rd party authors are solely their view and not the view of Social Student. Authors are responsible for images and text used in articles. Author details can be requested via the contact page.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Open to UK residents aged 15 and over. 2. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. 3. Winners will be picked at random and contacted by SocialStudentUK. Entrants are only eligible to win once. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address. If we ask for a response and you do not reply within 3 days we reserve the right to withdraw prize entitlement and select another winner. Proof of identity may be required to claim prizes. 4. Only one entry per person allowed. Only entries via the SocialStudentUK website will be accepted. 5. SocialStudent does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website and does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, invalid or illegible entries and is not liable for any entries that get lost or damaged. 6. Personal information will only be used to administer entries, to inform winners and for distribution of prizes. Unless stated please do not include telephone numbers, we don’t need them. 7. We reserve the right to cancel or terminate the prize draw or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the draw can be carried out correctly for technical or legal reasons or we suspect that any person has been manipulating the draw or has acted unethically in any other way. 8. SocialStudentUK takes no responsibility for delayed, lost, stolen prizes. 9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. 10. Entering your details for this competition signifies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. 11. All fields on the competition form must be completed, along with a correct answer, in order to be a successful entrant. 12.By Entering you allow us to use your e-mail address to send you occasional e-mails from SocialStudentUK and SocialStudentUK only. 12.If you have any questions or concerns please contact us
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.