We all experience one of these moments when we ask ourselves : “what happened last night?
Or where I am ?” If we reach this point, this can only mean that we had a long night of drinkings.
There are only two scenarios possible that can have taken place : either last night was good ( you had a lot of drinks, but you were just really funny and you went home ) or either last night was a complete disaster. Unfortunately, this last scenario is the most common. To learn how to avoid it , here are some few tips that you may want to be aware of.
Tips before you go out:
1) Do not take valuable things with you : It seems a really obvious thing to say but this happens. Even though you think you are going to look smarter by wearing you new designer bag to the party, do not do it because you do not want your bag being used as a vomit bag.
2) Avoid going out when you are still very upset or depressed about someone or something : If upset ,there is a high probability that you will end up punching or slapping someone in the face because they said something that was not quite right. Or if depressed, you might spend your night crying all over again about your breaking up with “Ken” and wake up the next day with big swollen eyes… And trust me it is not nice to see , at all.
3) Buy painkiller : If you are a person that easily have headaches make sure that you have enough of them for the next day before going out.
Tips during the party:
1) Do not use the men toilet : If you do, you will have to face this man built like Hercules and if I were you I would not try and upset him! They really do not appreciate to see a girl enter their toilet, and yes they really do not care that it is an emergency or that there is a long queue in front of the ladies.
2) Avoid playing the barman : If you go to a bar or nightclub, you are only the customer and not the barman. They really do not like seeing someone nickingdrinks and expect to get kicked out out very quickly.
3) Avoid playing with food ( especially food such as nutella) if you are having a home party: The last thing you want is to wake up with nutella everywhere in the house and because it is your house you will have to clean it.
Tips after the party:
1) It is advised to drink a lot of water after a long night of drinking. However, if you are not a big fan of water, you may want to try the morning after beer.
2) Avoid asking for details : If you have a complete blackout, you most likely are quite lucky as there are no reason for you to be embarrassed and hide yourself in your room for two days. If you can’t remember it is probably a good thing!
I am aware that this is a non exhausive list. Therefore, if you have any additional tips , please feel free to leave a comment.