We all know that at some point in the future there will be a zombie apocalypse. It’s inevitable. George A Romero predicted it in the 1960’s, and in the following decades, zombie media became a major part of popular culture.
Having been a regular player of the Resident Evil franchise, and a huge fan of the numerous movies and TV shows, I feel that it’s my duty to pass on some pearls of wisdom. Hopefully, after reading this short manual for survival, most of you will survive the rise of the dead.
So, how is this disaster going to happen in the first place? It could be any number of the following:
- A big pharmaceutical company will develop a drug or a virus. This will accidentally infect one of the individuals involved in the project. Obviously, this will then snowball. Firstly, the whole facility will become infected. The rest of the town/city will follow this, and then the rest of the planet. This may happen by a human escaping the quarantine zone, or it may even be spread by our mortal enemy, the rat.
- It may be caused by radioactive contamination from a space probe that explodes in the Earth’s atmosphere. Obviously, this would happen on a much faster scale than a virus outbreak.
- You can’t rule out black magic. It’s hard to imagine why anyone would want to bring about the end of the world, but there are some very, very sick people out there.
- The wrath of the almighty. Let’s face it; the world is full of atheists and sinners. I can’t believe that our lord almighty is best pleased with the human race. Remember Noah and the flood?
We’ve looked at some of the ways this might come about, and the one message that you should have taken from it is, be prepared. We won’t have prior warning of this, and if you’re not prepared, you will probably join the endless hordes of the undead.
How best to prepare? Here, are the main things you will need to do to be ready.
- Make sure you are always dressed appropriately. We won’t know if the undead will be walkers (The Walking Dead) or runners (28 Days Later), so you will need to be able to move quickly. This rules out high heels and any other inappropriate footwear.
- Get a weapon. Guns with plenty of ammo are a good choice, but anything that can inflict damage will suffice, and the less noise they make, the better. Think baseball/cricket bats and even hammers or other tools. You will need to defend yourself. Remember that.
- Get out of the city if possible. It is far too populated and chances of survival are practically zero. Head for the countryside or some high ground.
- Keep your head. The end of the world is not easy on a person’s mental state, but as long as you keep calm, you will be in a much better position to survive.
OK, so we have a few simple survival tips. What will you do if you are attacked by one of the undead? The only true way to re-kill one of the undead is by inflicting mass trauma to the brain. A gunshot through the cranium is the most effective method, but blunt objects (such as a baseball bat) should also do the trick.
I hope that when the time comes, this will be helpful. Good luck.